This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links.
Vacuuming is a chore that few people do not like to do, cause of the poor choice of vacuum. This can change with the right choice of a vacuum cleaner. Need one that is powerful but not too heavy and adaptable to cleaning different range of surfaces.
There are a few more aspects that you will need to consider before making your next purchase.
Whether it is an upright, canister or stick vacuum and the best models have multi attachments to facilitate cleaning in tight places that are difficult to reach. The dual-motor features more power while the bagless model can help save you money.
To learn more tips about choosing your next vacuum continue reading and if you are all set to please consider one of the recommended vacuums in this article.
- 1 Types of Vacuum
- 2 Dyson Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Ball Multi Floor 2, Yellow
- 3 Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E
- 4 Dyson Ball Animal 2 Corded Upright Vacuum with 10 Tools Including Floor & Ceiling Kit and Home Cleaning Kit
- 5 Shark APEX Upright Vacuum with DuoClean for Carpet and HardFloor Cleaning
- 6 BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Green, 2252
- 7 BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Rewind Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Teal
- 8 Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe NV360 Upright Vacuum, Blue
- 9 Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner XL
- 10 Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 11 Vacuum Cleaner Corded with Motorized Brush Stick Vacuum with Swivel Steering and 2-Pack HEPA Filters MOOSOO D601
- 12 Mi robot vacuum cleaner
- 13 Mi Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- 14 MI ROBOT VACUUM CLEANER
- 15 Mi robot vacuum cleaner
- 16 BISSELL PowerForce Helix Bagless Upright Vacuum (new version of 1700), 2191
- 17 BISSELL PowerForce Compact Bagless Vacuum, 2112 (new version of 1520)
Types of Vacuum
- Upright: The upright vacuum cleaner is usually what people have in mind when thinking about vacuums. The head, motor, and receptacle are housed in a single component that you simply push in front of you. The upright model tends to offer the most powerful suction and work well on carpet and hardwood floors. These vacuums come in both bagged and bagless however they usually do not come with attachments.
- Canister: The canister vacuum consists of a vacuum head that is connected to a tank with a long hose. You would move the vacuum head in front of yourself picking up the dirt and trash that is sucked into the tank that trails behind you. The one main benefit of a canister vacuum is it usually offers a variety of accessories that will allow you to clean curtains, furniture, walls, ceilings along with flooring. However, dragging the canister tank behind you can be aggravating especially if you have stairs or with large rooms.
- Stick: The stick vacuum is a lightweight cleaner that is designed slimmer that uses light suction and rotating brush to pull dirt into the bag or container. These vacuums come in cored or cordless. These have weaker suction and do not work well as your main vacuum. They work better for light touch up cleaning.
Dyson Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Ball Multi Floor 2, Yellow
The Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 has unrivaled Dyson Suction*, and is light to maneuver. A slimmer design allows the Multi Floor 2 to turn on a dime, steering easily into difficult spaces. It’s ideal for homes with hardwood, tile, and carpets. The Multi Floor 2 has an advanced self-adjusting cleaner head that automatically adjusts between all floor types – sealing in suction for a powerful clean across your entire home. Its wand and hose release in one smooth action to make it easier to clean up high and under furniture. With hygienic bin emptying, there’s no need to get your hands dirty – just push the button to release the dirt. Whole-machine HEPA filtration ensures that allergens and bacteria are trapped inside the machine, not expelled back into the home. Dyson free 5 year warranty covers parts and labor, plus free shipping there and back. *Suction tested to ASTM F558 at the cleaner head, dust-loaded against upright market.
The price of this Dyson Vacuum starts at $209.00 and up plus shipping.
A lightweight 2 in 1 Lift Away upright vacuum with a detachable canister for portable cleaning power. With the push of a button, Lift Away technology allows you to lift the canister away and easily clean in hard to reach areas. This vacuum is also equipped with a completely sealed system and a HEPA filter to trap dust and allergens. It also includes a Brush roll Shutoff button so you can easily switch between carpet and bare floor cleaning, and fine particles off your bare floors.
The price of this Shark Vacuum starts at $141.74 for used one and brand new as date of posting is $199.99.
Dyson Ball Animal 2 Corded Upright Vacuum with 10 Tools Including Floor & Ceiling Kit and Home Cleaning Kit
This Dyson Ball Vacuum is great for pet owners who need a better machine to clean up behind your pets with features and tools that help suck up dirt, hair and helps with allergens. Has counter-rotating brush heads remove hair from carpets and furniture with no brush bar for it to wrap around. This is a plus especially with long-haired dogs like german shepherds, which I have and love this vacuum. The added bonus is this vacuum works on all types of wood floors.
This Dyson Vacuum Kit might seem little pricy of $539.99 but well worth it and it lasts.
Shark APEX Upright Vacuum with DuoClean for Carpet and HardFloor Cleaning
The Shark APEX full sized upright vacuum delivers Shark’s ultimate cleaning experience. Equipped with Shark DuoClean technology, it grabs large particles, pulls in piles, and directly engages hard floors for a beautiful, polished look. Powered Lift Away gives you the ability to detach the pod and clean under furniture and above floor areas with the push of a button. The Zero M self cleaning brushroll delivers nonstop hair removal. Zero M removes long hair, short hair, and pet hair from the brushroll. The LED lights on the handle and floor nozzle provide visibility in dark spaces, spotlighting hidden debris. With Advanced Anti Allergen Complete Seal, dust and allergens are trapped inside the vacuum.
The Shark Apex starts off $199.99 for used one and $379.99 for new one.
Kenmore 81414 400 Series Pet Friendly Lightweight Bagged Canister Vacuum
The 400 Series Kenmore Bagged HEPA Canister Vacuum with Telescoping Wand provides versatile cleaning convenience. Dirt, pesky pet hair, allergen-inducing dust and dander are no match for this multipurpose all-floors design, which cleans all surfaces from hardwood, laminate to pile carpet with ease. The aluminum telescoping wand, extends to a 9. 5′ reach and is extremely lightweight making vacuuming those tall windows, ceilings and corners effortless. This Kenmore bagged vacuum with the enhanced Triple HEPA certified filtration system captures 99. 97% of debris, trapping dander, dust particles, odors, pollen and bacteria, as small as 0. 3 microns, inside the vacuum, reducing the number of allergy-induced pollutants in the room. Your Kenmore vacuum is designed to tackle tasks with incredible power and ease. The 2-motor system excels in suction strength. Accessories included are a bare floor tool for thorough cleaning, without scratching of hard wood, linoleum and tile, a crevice nozzle to clean hard-to-reach places such as behind and under dressers, in corners, van and car seats, and a dusting/upholstery brush for furniture, curtains, stairs, vehicles, baseboards and cabinets. All attachments are stored on the unit for easy access and storage. This lightweight handy small appliance includes a quick release handle for flexible cleaning and easy transport, while smooth-rolling wheels maneuver easily around cornerspatible with Kenmore Style Q Canister Cloth HEPA Vacuum Bags 53291 and 53292. Make housework less of a hassle, by investing in this well-made, reliable bagged canister vacuum from Kenmore. Please check the connection on the wand and vacuum because if the wand is not pushed in firmly, the connection is not established. Additionally, if the vacuum bag is not routinely changed, it can burn up the motor.Suction Type :Motorized
The price at time of this post $354.00
BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Green, 2252
- Buy Bissell, save pets; Bissell donates up to 10 dollars to the Bissell pet foundation for every pet product purchase, upon activation
- Powerful pet hair pick up with triple action brush roll + scatter free technology
- Swivel steering to easily maneuver around furniture and other obstacles
- Clean edges and corners with edge to edge cleaning. Cleaning path width: 13.5 inch
- Remove pet hair with specialized pet tools including pet hair corner tool and pet tool
BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Rewind Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Teal
$149.99 in stock
- Buy Bissell, save pets Bissell donates up to 10 dollars to the Bissell pet foundation for every pet product purchase, upon activation
- Triple action brush roll + scatter free technology maximize pet hair pickup – even if it’s embedded
- 27’ power cord automatically rewinds for quick and easy storage. Cleaning path width - 13.5 inch
- Swivel steering makes cleaning around furniture and obstacles easy
- Edge to edge cleaning feature gets closer to walls and corners with each pass
$93.59 in stock
13 used from $61.21
- Lift away press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard to reach areas
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology, a HEPA filter traps 999 percent of dust and allergens inside the vacuum The full unit weighs only 12.5 pounds, the canister alone is 7.5 pounds
- Swivel steering excellent control for maneuvering around furniture dust cup capacity: 12 dry quarts
- Large capacity, easy to empty dust cup Extended cleaning without interruption
- What's Included: (1) Upholstery tool, (1) 5.5 inch crevice tool
Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner XL
4 used from $150.47
- POWERFUL, HIGH-SPEED, balanced brush roll with double helix brushes
- LIGHTWEIGHT 9 pounds with Helping Hand handle
- 12-INCH-WIDE CLEANING PATH is better suited for cleaning low carpets and takes up less space for storage
- AUTOMATIC FLOOR ADJUSTMENT - moves between carpet and hard surfaces by auto adjusting to flooring height
Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
$494.94 in stock
20 used from $346.48
- Powerful suction to deep clean everywhere. 55% more suction than the Dyson V7.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Engineered for whole-home, deep cleaning. Suction power, run time and tools designed to deep clean your whole home.
- 3 Cleaning modes. For the right power where you need it.
- Up to 60 minutes of run time. Actual run time will vary based on power mode and/or attachments used.
Vacuum Cleaner Corded with Motorized Brush Stick Vacuum with Swivel Steering and 2-Pack HEPA Filters MOOSOO D601
BISSELL PowerForce Helix Bagless Upright Vacuum (new version of 1700), 2191
$54.00 in stock
The BISSELL PowerForce Helix Bagless Upright Vacuum (new and improved version of 1700), 2191 is a lightweight, yet powerful vacuum removes embedded dirt and hair from your home. Large capacity dirt tank holds more dirt for more room-to-room cleaning. On board tools for cleaning above floors and...
BISSELL PowerForce Compact Bagless Vacuum, 2112 (new version of 1520)
$39.96 in stock
Keep your home spic and span with the BISSELL PowerForce Compact Bagless Vacuum. It offers fast and easy cleaning in a lightweight, compact design. The Bissell Powerforce compact vacuum delivers powerful suction for efficient cleanups. The convenient cleaning machine requires no bags and has an...